Labels

Friday, May 7, 2010

Introduction to blog

Hmmm... I have never blogged before, written lots, but never blogged. Therefore, being new to this, well, I am not speechless, cause I am a person with verbal diarrhoea; but I definitely do not know how or where to begin. Now, you see THAt is the problem with blogs and diaries and such, they don't reply, and one cant judge by their faces or body language what they might like to talk about. In case of people, mostly you can start with what they want and then move on to what you like talking about most, but it just gets sad if the person in question is into ONLY politics and football and starts becoming taciturn the moment you mention art. Then of course, there are those who count recent popular bollywood songs - such as just chill chill- as poetry. Well, poor poetry!, I wonder how she must feel.

Well, back to blogging and me. I guess I'll take this opportunity to talk about myself. OOhh...The last sentence suddenly reminded me of my kindergarten days, when we all were required to write about ourselves to pass exams!, and funny how the teacher "corrected" what we wrote, I mean how could she correct what we knew about ourselves!!... Strange our education strategies are...Anyways, talking about myself, I am one not-so-Pakistani , Pakistani female, studying or at least trying very hard to, study Architecture. When I say not-so-Pakistani, I mean, i do not, and probably never will fit the description of a Pakistani female. This creature (I'm talking about those that come from a background similar to mine - the middle strata of middle class) is generally what she is expected to become, i.e. shy, refined, not very talkative, one who doesn't laugh loudly - basically bordering on anti-social. Not only this, she is one who can somehow know how to cook since birth, and if she has to have a profession, she has to be a teacher or doctor; other than that, well we really have to fight our way around, and practicing that too becomes another question of "permission" after she gets married. Of course one of our life's goals is to get married, I think its the nucleus and driving force of our society! and our population statistics are reflective of that! . Okay, back to myself, I am social, talkative, sometimes overbearingly so, and laugh loudly!!...haaawww!!!...and unlike many of my counterparts, am not subject to "permission" for everything I do. I am into writing, and theatre and those are some of the things that have brought me here, to blog. I loooove travelling and have very recently been to China, Beijing more specifically. I guess I should go now, cause my computer will shut any moment!...I live in Karachi, where the electricity plays hide-n-seek-with us!....So here's to my first blog...cheers!

1 comment: